we start? is the title of this collaborative work and refers to how we
all enter the system of education as an institution and as a process.
The book is constructed from stories solicited by Thomas Rose and Bryant
Griffith as part of a larger project titled School Stories.
editing, constructed text and layouts are by Thomas Rose as is the audio
editing and sound design. The CD graphics are by Mary Rose, with final
mastering and production of the CDs by PowerHouse Studios of Minneapolis. Wilber H. Schilling was responsible
for the design of the books overall format. The edition was letterpress
printed and bound at Indulgence Press.The photographic images were printed on an Epson 2000 photo stylus
inkjet printer onto Hahnemühle Photo Rag Duo, mould-made paper. The
text and line art were printed from photopolymer plates on a Vandercook
sp-20 cylinder press.
The CD stories are read by the following individuals: CD 1:
Thomas Rose Albert E. Kagel School: Thomas Rose.
2) Paul Vangelisti Alphabets: David Goldes.
3) Jim Moore Blue Birds Rule: David Goldes.
4) David Goldes CO2 + Kenny Wegweiser: Joseph Goldes.
5) Jeff Aper Dear Little Boy of Mine: Gregory Bringman.
6) William Clark Education +Alpha: Thomas Rose.
7) Clarence Morgan Education & Identity: Abinadi Meza.
8) Robert Reford Education and Orchids: Gregory Bringman.
9) Jim Melchert Finding Subjects: Bill Eigen.
10) Erwin Kellen The Fountain Pen: David Goldes.
11) Richard Sigmund In Hope for Compassion: Bill Eigen.
Text: Ken Aper,
William Clark, Larry Connolly, Marc Cutright, David Goldes, Bryant Griffith, John Killacky, George Laboucane, Jim Melchert, Tim Miller,
Clarence Morgan, Kellen Pen, Archi Rand, Robert Reford, Thomas Rose, Thomas
Leslie Rose, Richard Sigmund, Paul Vangelisti, Bob Williamson.And, an introduction by Arthur C. Danto.
1) Archie Rand Jet Black: Thomas Rose.
2) Thomas L. Rose Memoirs 1936: Thomas Rose.
3) Arthur C. Danto Memories of a Rotten Student: Gregory Bringman.
4) Bryant Griffith No Room for Mavericks: Abinadi Meza.
5) BobWilliams Now, What's Your Name: David Goldes.
6) Tim Miller Pedagogical Moment: Bill Eigen.
7) Larry Connolly Personal Primer: David Goldes.
8) George Laboucane Remembering Forward: Thomas Rose.
9) Marc Cutright 1960: Gregory Bringman.
Thomas Rose acknowledges the support he received from The McKnight Foundations
Photography fellowship program, The Fesler-Lampert Humanities endowment
and the Graduate School of the University of Minnesota.
Artists: Wilber H. Schilling, Thomas Rose
Size: 30 pages, 6.5 x 6.5 x 1.5 inches (boxed)
call 612-379-4743 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2002 Copyright © Indulgence Press